Mulbury's tips and info for certificate frames. 📜
Whether you're framing your own university degree or you're planning an awards night, framing something special and sentimental requires a high-quality certificate frame, expert advice and careful consideration.
Here's our 5 tips to help you make an educated decision.
1. What style of frame do you need?
Ask yourself these questions and they should help you work out the style of certificate frame you require:
- Where will I hang the frame?
- What decor and furniture is in the room I am hanging the frame in?
- What style instantly comes to mind? Go with your gut.
Certificates are generally light in colour and suit a darker frame, but at the end of the day it's personal preference.
2. Does my certificate require a mat board around it?
In some cases a mat board may make your certificate look more prestigious, but it isn't always necessary. Ask your picture framer for advice and to show you options with and without a mat board.
Keep in mind adding in a mat board will increase the size of the certificate frame and the price.
3. Measure the size of your certificates correctly.
Certificates come in various sizes and it's best not to make assumptions. We recommend measuring it in millimetres to get as accurate as possible.
Typically certificates in Australia come in A4 (297 x 210mm), 11" x 14" (280 x 356mm) or A3 (420 x 297mm).
4. Protect the certificate.
It is important to protect your certificate. Glass is the most common form of protection in a photo frame, however we recommend using high-quality Acrylic Glass.
Mulbury's high-quality Acrylic is made from 50% recycled materials, is light weight, has over 90% UV Protection and there's no difference in appearance compared to glass.
5. Purchase a high quality certificate frame which is going to last a lifetime.
The last thing you want is to have your Certificate reframed in a couple of years.
A high-quality certificate frame will be sturdy - You shouldn't be able to wobble the frame, so it isn't square (or perfectly rectangle). There should not be any gaps in the mitres (joins) of the frame and your certificate should sit securely in the frame between the acrylic glass and thick backing board so it is nice and flat.
So what's next?
You've spent precious time earning your certificate, now it's time to treasure your efforts having it hanging on your wall.
If Mulbury's recycled timber photos frames suit your style, we'd be delighted to assist you. How we can help:
- A range of high-quality, recycled timber picture frames, with or without mat boards in standard sizes.
- Custom sizes available
- If you email through an image, we can make s recommendation of the frame style and provide a few samples mock ups of your certificate in some of our frames.
- You are welcome to drop into our store in Highett, Melbourne to see all our samples in person.
- Shipping available worldwide.
- A turn-around time of 2 - 5 business days for standard size frames and 2 weeks for custom frames.
- If you're located in Melbourne, we have the perfect space for your event in our warm industrial Art Gallery and Event Space.
- We'll help you every step of the way and will make sure you have a wonderful experience 💚
Bulk orders for events and pricing:
We love working with small, medium and large companies to help plan their events, offer framing advice and work with your time frames.
We can install your certificates into your frames if required so they'll be ready as soon as they are opened up.
Our recycled certificate frames also keep carbon stored within the timber which is a huge tick for your sustainability department!
We can offer discounts for a purchase of 20 frames or more. The discount depending on the consistency of the sizing and style of the frames ordered.
Phone: 03 9532 3424