Recycled Driftwood Frames - All you need to know
Love rustic, recycled and whole lot of character?
Our driftwood frames offer a distinctive, rustic appearance that cannot be replicated with uneven edges, various colour tones and timber grain.
Our recycled timber is sourced locally in here in Melbourne, Australia from various building sites and homes.
We generally receive hardwood and softwood timber that has endured the weather for 35 - 100 years and is of eucalyptus variants, mainly Victorian Ash or Mountain Ash.
Recycled driftwood picture frames can be a great choice for displaying beach or ocean-themed photographs, as the natural, rustic look of the driftwood complements the subject matter of the photograph. They can also be a great option for adding a natural, bohemian touch to any space.
Below we have listed some information to help you make an educated decision on a Custom Made Driftwood Frames:
- Colour, shape, grain, holes etc are all unique with each piece of timber so we kindly ask customers keep an open mind if ordering
- Straight or Irregular Edges available
- Our Driftwood is available in average widths of 70mm, 90mm, 120mm, 140mm. Our Driftwood timber supply can be limited at times and we may not always be able to offer the 140mm width. Typically, we recommend 70mm frames to reduce the weight of the frame.
- Virtually any size you need made is possible, however we recommend the minimum size be around A3 (420 x 297mm) for all Driftwood frames.
- We can finish this timber in: Natural, Oiled, Clear Wax, Caramel Wax, Cherry Wax and Chocolate Wax. See the below video to view the various styles.
See the below examples:
Driftwood Natural frame with uneven edges.
Driftwood Oiled frame with slightly uneven edges
Driftwood Clear Waxed frame with uneven edges. Timber with dark and light tones.
Driftwood Cherry Waxed frame with uneven edges. Gives subtle dark red undertones around a map of Victoria by Wildwood Maps.
Driftwood Chocolate Waxed frame with uneven edges.
Video of our Driftwood Samples:
Have a question or would you like a quote?
Email us: email@example.com
Phone: +61 (0)3 9532 3424
To view more options and info click the links below: